BORN IN FARMS OF PUNJAB, GREW UP IN MOUNTAINS OF YUKON
Welcome and Sat Shiri Akaal Ji
ਸਤਿ ਸ਼੍ਰੀ ਅਕਾਲ ਜੀ
First time in the north of Canada, right here in Whitehorse, bhangra dance performance by Gurdeep Pandher and group dance with bhangra students. Also featuring bhangra dance on Traditional Irish and Scottish Set Music by the band “Crooked Folk” with members Keitha Clark with fiddle, Jerome McIntyre with bodhran, Katie Avery with fiddle, Calla Paleczny with guitar/mandolin, Lee Covin with Irish whistles/small pipes, and Bj MacLean with guitar.
Host/ MC: Grant Simpson
Show Name: Bhangra – The Dance of the Punjab
Day: December 17, 2016
Time: Doors: 6:30 PM, Show: 7:00 PM
Venue: Old Fire Hall
Tickets: $20, Available at Yukon Arts Centre, Arts Underground and YukonTickets.com
- We have the date and time for our bhangra show – December 17, 2016 at 7 PM at Old Fire Hall! Tickets are available at Yukon Arts Centre box office, Arts Underground and YukonTickets.com. For more information, please visit Yukon Arts Centre page and the show page on Gurdeep.ca.
- We are starting winter bhangra classes from first week of January (Wednesdays) at Leaping Feats from 7:30 to 8:30 PM. Registration will open soon!
- Bhangra dance at Winterval on Saturday, December 3, 2016 (5 PM at the Wharf)
- (Private Event) Performance for Yukon Energy management/staff on Saturday, December 3, 2016 (7:45 PM)
- For information regarding the present bhangra classes, visit the schedule page!
When you think of Bhangra dancing, the Yukon isn’t the first place you think of but thanks to one man, that perception is changing. Gurdeep Pandher teaches Bhangra to his Whitehorse neighbours and has been making waves with some of the videos he has created as well.
~ CTV News Channel